Founder – Rajanitai Limaye
The story of the founder ‘Limay Tai‘, is that of a courageous, motivated, extremely intelligent and hard working mother.
On learning about her son’s mental disability, she took a very big step of turning this obstacle into opportunity not only for her own son, “Gautam” but also for all the other similar children.
Rajani Tai was a torch bearer who, brought together all those people who had similar problems and many others to put their skills, time, and money for this cause of educating the mentally disabled and giving there a respectable life.
She was an ideal mother, administrator, head mistress, teacher and ofcourse a founder. She has published various books for gifted children.
She had received a number of awards in honour of her incomparable work.
Rajani tai’s husband Mr. Nagesh Limaye has been her strongest support in all her work. Her cousin Mrs. Sulbha Sarvate, has made a large contribution in all her work. When her son Gautam received the state level award for “Ideal disabled worker” her life mission seemed to be fulfilled.
She always felt that there were so many things still to be done. Having these thoughts in her mind, the great soul passed away on 16 January 2018 due to common sickness.
Even after her death, she continued with her mission by donating her body.
Rajanitai Limaye’s Lifestory
- Founder of Prabodhini Trust – An Institution for the Training, Education and Rehabilitation of the Mentally Challenged.
- School Teacher– Worked in normal School for 25 Years. Joined as assistant-teacher and retired as the vice-principal in 1989. (Voluntary Retirement)
- Papers Presented – State Level papers in 1885 1991,1992.1994.
5th International portage conference in New Delhi. 1994 need of support within Family.
- Study Tours abroad – 1991-Canada, USA, UK (London) Duration 40 Days, visited various institutions and rehabilitation centers, Presented video film, had discussion with Parents. A special program was arranged at Calgary University. (Canada) 2000 paper presentation at Singapore in international symposium in November –1999
- Awards – National Awards for Teachers – 1986 Received at the hands of the then president of India Hon. R. Venkatraman in 1987.
Dalit Mitra award – 1988 (A state level award by Govt. Of Maharashtra for helping the less privileged.)
Lok kalyan puraskar – 1999 (An award for the work done for the welfare of the society
Sanskriti Vaibhav Award, 2007
- TV Programme – Twice in Dnyandeep Mumbai Doordarshan
Samvad – E.Tv Marathi 2004
- Book Published
1. Gonduli Gani (Poems)
3. Dhyanimani Prabodhini – These books are well known
4. Minds foundation, Singapore had arranged an international conferance ‘Rajani tai’ had the honour of presenting her paper on ‘Equal opportunity for the mentally disabled in the Indian social situation’.
- Special Appointments
Member – Local level committee- Nashik Dist. National Trust
Member – PD Act 1995 Nashik Dist.
Chair Person – Prabodhini Palak Samiti an organisation of Parents of MH children in Nashik.
Member – State level committee for Pariwar National organisation of parents of MH children.