Physiotherapy is important for physical growth. Prabodhini has a well equipped Physiotherapy centre in the school premises. Students perform Physical exercises and activities under the guidance of Physiotherapist and teacher in the presence of their parents.
Objectives of the Physiotherapy –
1) The main objective of Physiotherapy is to reduce the intensity of disability and enhance a child’s life. It helps them to become self-reliant and perform the day to day activities with much ease. In a way, it helps them & their parents too.
2) To check their development and encourage them for physical activities.
3) Helping 8 to 12 years old children to become independent according to their physical and mental growth.
4) Physiotherapist along with the children, guides the parents and assist the other medical activity, if needed.
Importance & need of the Physiotherapy –
1) Physiotherapy plays an important role in Early Intervention. The earlier the children perform exercises, the better it is for their physical development.
2) Physiotherapy helps paying attention in developing muscle strength , Also helps in balance and coordination of a child.
3) It helps them to gain natural position by encouraging exercises for Gross motor, Fine motor, Grip muscle strengthening, Cervical, Thoracic and Lumber development.
4) Physiotherapy helps paying attention to their movements and improves their co-ordination.
5) Counselling the parents and encourage them to get the exercises done.
6) It aids the parents to expose their children to various situations and people.
Proper Physiotherapy treatment improves the physical activities of children though it is not a100% cure.
Both our schools have a well equipped Physiotherapy department. Not only the school children but outsider patients also avail this facility. We charge them minimum fees.
Physiotherapy has helped many children to be able walk, and move around. In some cases we have noticed extraordinary progress.